Room Request Guide
Student Organizations: Room/Parking Request Instructions
Before You Begin
-You must schedule a student event 1 week prior to the event.
-If you are requesting an event that will be taking place in the Auditorium or on a weekend you must request the room 2 weeks in advance of the event.
To Schedule a Room/Parking
- Access Astra Schedule as a guest. Do not log in with a username and password.
- To see if your desired space is available or to identify space for your event, click on the “Calendars”tab, located on the upper left side of the portal.
- Next, click “Scheduling Calendars” - To browse available rooms. Filter to narrow available options through the pull-down menu on the upper right side of the page (Note: Select HSEB for your meeting rooms, give it a moment to populate and the HSEB rooms will show up on the right side. MAKE SURE YOU HAVE SELECTED THE CORRECT DATE (located on the upper left side).
- Click on the “Request an Event” link on main Astra Schedule portal and choose the Student Org Meeting/Event. IMPORTANT: If your event is taking place in the auditorium please select auditorium in this section!
- Fill out the requested information on the respective form. Required fields are denoted by an asterisk (*).
- Under the “Meeting Recurrence” section (Bottom left, it looks like a calendar), select the date and fill in the time of your meeting. Once selected, click “CREATE” (located in the same “Meeting Recurrence” section).
- Next, move to the “Meetings” box to identify rooms for your desired dates/times.
- Important - Select the checkbox next to the meeting time(s) and then click the “Request Rooms” button, located in the upper left side of the box.
- A window will pop up with a list of available rooms.
- Change the rooms filter, using options from the pull-down menu, to narrow search parameters.
- Select your desired room, and then click “OK.”
- After double checking your event’s information, scroll to top of request form and click the “SUMBMIT” button at the top left hand side of the screen to submit your request.
You will immediately receive an email indicating that your event request was submitted and is under consideration.
- DO NOT make additional plans for your event until you have received a separate event confirmation email. Within 1-3 business days you should receive an email regarding the status your event.
*** If you have any questions or are experiencing difficulties, please contact Daniel Drane and he will walk you through the process.