Pediatrics Interest Group (PIG)
Welcome to the Pediatric Interest Group Page!
The purpose of the Pediatrics Interest Group (PIG) at the University of Arizona College of Medicine Phoenix is to expose students to the field of pediatric medicine. Our group will organize and host a variety of events throughout the year to provide exposure to various pediatric sub-specialties and foster networking with other medical professionals.
Past Events include:
- Lunch presentations featuring physicians from various specialties within pediatrics
- Pediatric Sim Nights—an interactive way to get hands on experience with techniques utilized in the field of pediatrics
- Dinner with a Doc - Dine with pediatric specialists at Phoenix Children's Hospital
- Participation in the ACT Kids Health Fair
- Practicing Pediatric Well Exams
2021-2022 PIG Leadership Co-Chairs:
Jinnie Xie: email@example.com
Rachel Russell: firstname.lastname@example.org
Vrishti Shah: email@example.com
Daniel Oheb: firstname.lastname@example.org
Deborah Tom, MD - email@example.com
Spring 2022 Events
Monday Medical Student Reports
Join us to work through a pediatric patient case with a medical student and PCH resident! Students will have the opportunity to ask questions about the patient’s HPI and formulate a differential diagnosis based on the HPI, clinical presentation, physical exam, lab findings, and imaging.
Lunch & Learns
Come listen to various pediatric specialities talk about their careers and how they got there!
Pediatric Sim Night
An interactive way to get hands on experience with techniques utilized in the field of pediatrics. Students will rotate between stations led by PCH physicians.
American Academy of Pediatrics: https://www.aap.org/en-us/Pages/Default.aspx
Arizona Chapter of AAP: http://azaap.org/